Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Project #1

1.Both creations were a lot harder than I thought. The color wheel was especially hard, because I've always been used to traditional primary colors. Without the video I didn't even know what colors to expect. Also, I found it difficult to create ten different shades with a pencil. Before I actually stepped back and took the picture, it seemed like a lot of the boxes were the same color.
2.  I enjoyed the acrylic paint the most. The fluidity of the medium made it fun to work with. Even while just brushing the different colors on to my color wheel I found myself wanting to paint something.
3.  I gained an appreciation for the  perfect colors a good artist can make. Prior to undertaking this project, I assumed creating perfect colors would be a lot easier than producing a perfect musical note. I now realize that the two are very similar in their level of difficulty.
4.  The most important thing I learned from the videos would have to be the true primary colors. I thought the value step scales video was very helpful. The color wheel video was extremely fast. Because of the YOUTUBE format, rewinding repeatedly was very difficult. However the content was very helpful, and I would have been lost without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment