Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Peer Response

http://lydiamerlo.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=12

http://russeldl02.blogspot.com/

 The baskets Lydia used forbalance would also have been perfect for proportion. The only picture I was confused about was the one representing unity. I am by no means saying it was wrong. I'm simply saying I don't get it.

Lydia and Deborah both used Marvelous Sauce, and La Jeun Bonne. Neither of them put Marvelous Sauce under "felt a connection with".

I've gained a new appreciation for Convergence by Pollack now that I've seen it vertically. For some reason it seems to make a lot more sense this way. When vertical, the upper left lower right mirror each other. While this balance was present when the painting was presented horizontally, my brain didn't notice it the same.

I'm not sure if I really learned much from this project, but I enjoyed it regardless. It was interesting to peek inside the minds of my fellow students, and compare and contrast how we view art. Actually, this was a valuable learning experience; if for no more reason than that I was able to interpret art work through someone else's lens.

I really liked Emily's idea to take a series of pictures without attempting to capture specific elements, and go back and find the elements after the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment