Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPzRtvHziO8

 
  1. Installation is art work that surrounds you. Installations must have a 3D element to them.
  2. The materials used for installation art are endless. Any tangible item then you can grasp can be used. Also intangible things such as music can be used. Contemporary artists are now using video in their installations more than ever.
  3. The purpose of installation art, is to draw the viewer in. The viewer has no other option but to be fully engrossed into the art work. It allows us to experience things that we would normally have to travel to experience. It brings life to us, and forces us to interpret it.
  4. The computer generated music playing at the top of a light house piqued my interest more than any other project. The idea that only at that particular location can you appreciate that aesthetic value was mind blowing.


  1. I felt a connection with the video montage of young girls with psychic powers. I appreciated the way the artist was able to manipulate the colors, so each clip streamed neatly into the next. To top it off the artist kept the music the same throughout, bringing a sense of unity to the entire production.
  2. Theme: Visual Delight and the Arts of Daily Life.
  3. I will be using a lamp, a fan, and will provide background music to accompany the production. A flip video camera will capture sound, and the visual elements of the piece.
  4. The location itself is not an important part of this piece. I do need electricity, and appliances in my apartment. Therefore I will be setting up, and filming this installation in my living room.

    My video installation and two distinct parts. The first section was in the dark, with me playing in the background in a minor key. Mistakes resulted from playing in the dark, but I decided to leave them in; it seemed to make sense. I used an Emaj chord to transition from a minor to A major. After the chord was hit a second time the light came on. At the end of the second section I went back to that same E maj chord, and the lights went out. I faded the video out while back in a minor key. If this installation was in an art museum I would have it looped, and make it seamless. This would work well, because the piece starts and ends on the same chord.

    I used the elements of light, space, and time and motion. I was pleased the appearance of depth I was able to portray. The music gave us a sense of time, as did the change of a fixed scene. The light created some very appealing shadows. This effect also helped to create a sense of balance in the installation.






No comments:

Post a Comment