Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hand drawing



1.Drawing my hands forced me to notice all of the intricate details in them. Never knew there were that many wrinkles and veins.


2.I used a 4b graphite pencil. I like a smooth the pencil flows due tot he soft lead. 

3.Because of the smooth flow, at times the pencil would get away from me. It was very difficult to control my lines. On the other hand I found I let the drawing flow a lot more with less self judgment.


4.Before attacking this assignment I assumed my left handed drawing would be a lot worse than my right hand drawing.  My left handed drawing made my left right handed drawing look pitiful when the necessary handicap was included.


5.If I was trying to draw an accurate rendition of an object, I would never use my left hand. However, if i was drawing abstract I would contemplate using my left hand. That way I would be more free to put pencil to paper, and not brain to paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment