Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2011

1. Why did you select the inspiration pieces?
I chose the Van Gogh piece because it was the only self portrait that didn't appear to try to look pretty. I decided not to go this route, but it was interesting to ponder. The other two appeared to portray the artist in his natural environment. I decided to follow suite.
2. Why did you select the media to create your self-portrait?

I feel that I had much more control using a pencil.
3. What challenges did you face in creating your self-portrait and how did you overcome them?

My biggest problem was drawing the white t shirt. I decided to shade it in somewhat, and highlight the wrinkles so it was separate from the background.
4. How does this piece represent you?

My self portrait shows me enjoying life. That's who am; that's what I do.
5. What elements and principles of art did you apply in this work?


6. Did you enjoy working on this project?

I did. I surprised myself with how accurately I was able to draw myself. (I really don't set the bar too high apparently).
7. What do you think of your final artwork?

I think for the amount of formal training I've had, it turned out very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment