Total Pageviews

Friday, August 12, 2011

AED REFLECTION

I expected that by taking this class, I would develop an appreciation for visual art, and understand why artists create art. This class allowed me to understand art along with its historical context, in order to realize both of these goals. I stick by my original definition of art; "Art is anything that is created by an individual, or a group of individuals, that can be enjoyed by other individuals". This class helped me realize however, that not all art was created for the sole purpose of enjoyment. For example lots of what we call African art, was simply constructed to complete an everyday task. Before this class I did not have a favorite artist. After taking AED 200, I developed an obsession with Leonardo Da Vinci. Like Da Vinci I have a curiosity for all things. I appreciate his dedication to gaining a better a understanding of the world, and reflecting it in his art. While the convenience factor helped, I enjoyed my on site summer course more. While I was interested in the subject matter equally in both classes, taking a class online seems to result in a lot more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment